How to Pay for Pack Activities using PayPal
The pack uses PayPal to make it easy to send payments to the pack for various pack activities. Sending money to the pack is free when you use a PayPal account that is linked to your bank account or has a PayPal balance. When you use a credit or debit card, PayPal will charge a processing fee. Make sure you are always selecting the "send money to family or friends" option.
To make it easy for you, and allow us to process your payment correctly please follow the following steps carefully.
- IMPORTANT: Go to the www.paypal.com website and log in using your PayPal account or sign up for an account first. To eliminate all fees you will pay, set up a PayPal account and have pay using a connection to your bank account.
LOG IN before you proceed. Proceeding without logging in first will likely lead to you paying fees.
- Click on the "Pay or send money" button (second from left across the top) and choose "Send money to family or friends." If you select “I’m paying for goods or services” you will create a transaction fee that the pack will be charged.
- On the next Send Money screen enter in the "To" field: email@example.com to send the payment to our pack treasurer. In the "Amount" field enter in the amount you are paying. In this example, we're sending $24.00 for registration.
- Click the "Next" button.
- Choose your payment method on the next screen and include a descriptive note for what the payment is for. If you do not use a PayPal balance or linked bank account you will be charged a processing fee, currently $1.00. Click the arrow next to the payment method to choose a different method.
- An example with credit card (registration only)
- An example with PayPay balance and bank account (registration with Boys Life).
- Click the "Send" button.
- When you get a receipt email, you can print it for your records.
- The treasurer will mark you off as having paid via PayPal and get final confirmation of receipt from the Treasurer.
If you have any questions, please contact the treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org