Here are a list of activities to do at home as they will not be covered as a group:
If this is your first year scouting, start by completing the Bobcat requirements. (See Webelos handbook.)
Cyber Chip - Each Scout will need to “recharge” their chip from last year
Complete the following found at NetSmartz.org/scouting
1) Read, commit to, and sign the Level I Internet Safety Pledge. (BSA Cyber Chip blue card)
2) Watch the video “The Password Rap ” and another video of your choosing.
How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide
Complete the exercises in the pamphlet together. (See Webelos handbook.)
Duty to God and You
Do either requirement 1 OR requirement 2. (see Webelos handbook.)
1) Earn the religious emblem of your faith for Webelos Scouts
2) Complete at least three of requirements 2a–2d:
a. Help plan, support, or actively participate in a service of worship or reflection. Show reverence during the service.
b. Review with your family or den members what you have learned about your duty to God.
c. Discuss with your family, family’s faith leader, or other trusted adult how planning and participating in a service of worship or reflection helps you live your duty to God.
d. List one thing that will bring you closer to doing your duty to God, and practice it for one month. Write down what you will do each day to remind you.
Stronger, Faster, Higher
1) Carry out your exercise plan for 30 days, and write down your progress each week.
2) Try a new sport you have never tried before.
Cast Iron Chef
1) Set personal nutritional goals. Keep a food journal for one week; review your journal to determine if the goals were met.
2) Plan a menu for a balanced meal for your den or family. Determine the budget for the meal. Shop for the items on your menu while staying within your budget.
Create a hard-copy or digital portfolio of your projects. Share it with your family and members of your den or pack.
1) Put together a home first-aid kit. Explain what you included and how to use each item correctly.
2) Create and practice an emergency readiness plan for your home or den meeting place.
Attend at least 1 pack service project:
1) Fall Service Project: Park Clean-Up -- Sunday, October 20, 2019, 1-3pm, Mason-Rice Elementary, 149 Pleasant St., Newton (Newton Centre Playground).
2) Spring Service Project TBD