Why Cub Scouts?
Parents of young boys face a lot of choices in extracurricular activities. Boys want to have fun, while parents want them to learn positive values and skills that will last a lifetime. If your son is about to enter Kindergarten through fifth grade, Cub Scouts may be exactly what you are both looking for.
As a parent, you can be assured that Cub Scouts:
- involves a variety of family activities
- encourages good behavior
- teaches lifelong values
- strengthens the bonds of family
As a kid, your son can be assured that Cub Scouting is fun! What are the benefits of Cub Scouts?
There is a reason for everything boys do in Cub Scouts. Apart from the fun and excitement, the aim of Cub Scouts is to help boys grow into good citizens who are strong in character and personally fit. Cub Scouting:
- Develops character and encourages spiritual growth
- Reinforces habits of good citizenship
- Encourages good sportsmanship and pride in growing strong in mind and body
- Improves understanding within the family
- Strengthens the ability to get along with other boys and respect for other people
- Fosters a sense of personal achievement by developing new interests and skills
- Teaches boys to be helpful and to do one’s best
- Provides fun and exciting new activities
- Prepares boys to become Boy Scouts
- Teaches respect for nature and America’s natural resources