The BSA has adopted policies and procedures for the safety and well-being of each and every member. These policies protect youth members, and serve to protect the adult leaders. Parents and youth using these programs can further protect your parents and youth. Scout leadership positions will need to take this course, this is mandatory. Each adult who would like to help volunteer is strongly encouraged to take this course as well.
**Every Scout deserves to have an adequately trained leader.**
To take your Youth Protection Training:
2. Click on "Create Account" and follow the instructions.
3. You will receive a membership ID # after your leadership application is placed. However, anyone can take their YPT and not need a membership ID number.
4. Click on the Youth Protection Training button on the top right page.
5. Follow the training, it is tedious.
6. When completed, screenshot your certificate and email it to our Pack Committee Chair - firstname.lastname@example.org
We strongly encourage ALL parents to take this course, it is optional for parents. However at some point in your child's scouting career we will need volunteers. Please take this course if you can.